This position requires a high level of trust, professionalism, and communication.
About Alpin and Setec:
Alpin Limited is a leading multidisciplinary built-asset consultancy with offices across the Middle East in Dubai, Riyadh, Abu Dhabi, Dammam, Kuwait, and Qatar. Alpin is also proud to be part of the Setec Group of Company, with its international Headquarters in Paris and offices across 5 continents, including in Bristol.
The Alpin team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including Net Zero Experts, Sustainability professionals, LEED/BREEAM APs, PQPs, trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, Building Energy Specialists, and ESG experts.
Some of Alpin’s milestone projects include the EXPO 2020 in Dubai, the New York University Campus in Abu Dhabi, the ICD Brookfield Headquarters, the Development of Mostadam, KSA’s Green Building Rating System, and many other high profiles projects both regionally and internationally.
Meanwhile, Setec, Alpin’s holding company, is an international engineering group consisting of designers, engineers, consultants, technical specialists, and project managers, all making a positive impact to communities, business, and the environment. Setec’s distinctiveness lies in its unique organizational structure of small-scale companies filiated to the overall Setec Group, one of France’s largest engineering firms. Today, Setec has around 3,500 staff within more than 40 companies, each employing 30 to 300 employees. This business structure enables Setec to maintain close-knit teams and strong relationships with partners, contractors, and clients alike, along with healthy finances and effective group operations.
As Alpin is a subsidiary of Setec, the employment for this role will be under the Setec UK office, but all operational reporting will be through Alpin.
About This Job:
Alpin is looking to expand its presence in the UK and Europe in the coming years, and as such are looking for an experienced and dynamic professional in the field to help drive this expansion into Britain. The role will lean heavily on liaison with our Dubai and Riyadh offices, while will also involve coordination with our colleagues from Setec UK as well as different stakeholders in Alpin’s management, while the strategic emphasis will be on establishing/importing an initial network of clients for Alpin in the UK.
Reports Directly to:
- Strategic Development Manager
- Executive Director
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understand local sustainability and environmental standards and project requirements that allow Alpin to offer its services to the local market;
- Work closely with a large variety of clients (Real estate developers, Financial Institutions, designers, engineering consultants, contractors and other stakeholders) and build a long-lasting relationship to understand their needs (sustainability, environmental, commissioning, ESG & Climate Change Advisory …etc);
- Research and analyze potential and existing UK market in specific and the European markets in general in order to identify business opportunities, strategies, roadmaps for sales of the company’s services and to secure more business relations;
- Establish a client’s portfolio and develop/maintain good clients’ relationship for the future growth of the company;
- Develop business strategies and plans for the coming 2 and 5 years to develop and grow Alpin business and services (Commissioning, sustainability, ESG & Climate Change and environmental services) in UK in specific and Europe in general;
- Support the team for official external prequalification (PQ) registrations;
- Develop campaigns and other activities that will help in increasing the recognition of the company;
- Support Alpin’s advertising and marketing strategy, in particular in UK and in Europe in general in tandem with our marketing team;
- Travel frequently across UK and outside the kingdom (business trips) with potential trips to UAE/KSA;
- Actively participate in events and conferences in the UK and potentially Europe;
- Manage the sales pipeline using the CRM tools provided by the company;
- Arrange meetings with clients across UK and attend business development meetings where and when necessary;
- Consider and evaluate cost effective options and solutions in competitive situations;
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and various sales tools effectively;
- Assist the relevant management in resourcing, budgeting, and problem-solving activities of the company;
- Manage bids or proposal opportunities from qualification to contract award, including early and ongoing strategy development, overseeing the legal review, solution development, winning price development, risk management, proposal development, stakeholder management and management of the customer relationship within the tendering process;
- Participate in bid and risk reviews to ensure compliant approved bids are provided for our clients;
- Review and respond to RFPs and develop corresponding quotes and proposals;
- Follow up on proposals and negotiate close out agreements;
- Liaising within the project delivery team(s) and gaining expert advice where appropriate;
- Document sales progress and forecast and report progress to the management on a consistent basis; and
- Regularly provide updates on the market competition analysis and knowledge to the management.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- In addition to your responsibility towards following ALPIN’s Integrated Management System, every employee at ALPIN is required to familiarize themselves with ALPIN’s Environmental Impact Assessment and contribute towards minimizing their individual environmental impact in the course of their work; and
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the Company’s Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policies. All employees must familiarize themselves with the Company’s Integrated Management System’s policies and procedures.
- University Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent professional experience;
- No less than 5 years experiences in the real estate industry in the UK, preferably with extensive experience and knowledge of the sustainability, commissioning, and environmental specialties;
- Experience in the Middle East is a plus;
- Excellent English (oral and written), preferably English as a first-language. French and Arabic are a plus;
- Very high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), other MS Office Skillset is a plus;
- A pleasant attitude – Happy to join a close-knit, entrepreneurial, technical team in the UAE;
- Must have a Driving license and independent transportation ;
- Must have a good “attention-to-detail”;
- Excellent phone communication and interacting skills;
- Strong leadership skills to foster collaboration, innovation, and creativity;
- Willingness to take urgent phone calls after work hours;
- Self-starter who needs minimal supervision and does not mind managing their own work; and
- Presentation and Communication skills.