Country Manager - KSA
Candidate shall be assigned to oversee a locally based integrated sustainability + specialist commissioning team for projects within Saudi Arabia and the Middle East.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary sustainable cleantech consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, official Estidama trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi midfield Terminal Building, The Msheireb urban redevelopment project, Johnson Controls Research Center, SKMC Dialysis Center, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi and several other high profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operations Planning, Forecasting and Management of Sustainability Team in KSA in collaboration with UAE Management.
- Responsibility for the day‐to‐day operations in line with Alpin’s mission statement and core values.
- Lead team in carrying out specific projects such as policy development with various ministries
- Quality control and review of reports.
- Understand and implement the principles of project management (scheduling, resource leveling, leading effective meetings, client relations).
- Oversee P&L for division.
- Ensure that HR procedures are followed by team.
- Development of strategy for expansion of consultancy into fast growing markets and sectors.
- Support in business development and relationship management; Lead Internal and External Presentations.
- Ability to manage the green building design and LEED documentation process as well as project specification, calculation, plans and submittal for LEED compliance.
- Create a positive team environment and push for best practices in team building.
- Ensure that the company operates within agreed budgets and achieves agreed targets and that that all financial targets are met.
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Participates in performance management program for all team members.
- Proactively coach and develop junior team members.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Role: Health, Safety and Environment Officer
- Responsibility: As defined in IMS_01, Clause 5.5.1 “Responsibility and Authority”
- Accountability: Accountable for ensuring the right resources are allocated for the proper implementation and functioning of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment procedures and mandates as defined in the Company’s IMS.
- Bachelor’sorMaster’sdegreeinintechnicallyrelateddiscipline(Environmental,Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture) plus MBA or equivalent professional experience.
- LEED AP or ASHRAE CPMP credential;
- GCC experience;
- Excellent written & spoken English (ability to understand contract language);
- Excellent written & spoken Arabic (ability to understand contract language);
- Passport that allows travel within the GCC and European Union without restrictions; Willingness to travel frequently to the UAE to meet with UAE team members;
- Knowledge of current sustainability standards: LEED, BREEAM, GreenStar, QSAS, or Estidama;
- 710 years of experience in the industry (technical consulting not necessarily insustainability);
- Proven experience leading and motivating teams. Strong facilitation, team building and collaboration skills;
- Advanced Presentation and Communication skills. Clear, concise and effective;
- Experience in New Business Development and Relationship management (a personal network within the country is a strong plus);
- Highly motivated and self‐directed with a track record of rapid career advancement;
- High degree of professionalism with an ability to interact with others at all levels;
- A belief in pushing the boundaries of the construction industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with, clients, consultants and other