We are looking to hire a Strategic Business Consultant on a short-term engagement for a high-profile project in the GCC.
The consultant will be responsible to develop the strategy for sales and business outreach for of a sustainability program in order to support the growth of the newly launched service for new and existing projects. The engagement with the consultant will be concluded upon the successful development of the aforementioned business development plan. The timeline allocated for this assignment shall be no more than 6 months. The plan development will happen in UAE.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary sustainable cleantech consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, official Estidama trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi midfield Terminal Building, The Msheireb urban redevelopment project, Johnson Controls Research Center, SKMC Dialysis Center, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi and several other high profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
Strategic Development Manager and/or Principal Consultant
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review current operational processes and recommend ways of improvement for prompt reach out;
- Define KPIs mechanism of measurement for business development of the currently offered services under the new green building rating system;
- Analyze market and define targeted customers to generate long term business opportunities;
- Analyze and recommend financial projection of annuals sales;
- Analyze current organizational structure and recommend improvements to support the business growth and client relationship;
- Define a streamlined process of business engagement with customers that can ensure efficiency in liaison with externals;
- Define time-based actions for operations team to execute in relation to business development and client relationships;
- Market research to understand Green Building industry in GCC area and define potential areas of business growth for the new sustainability program;
- Interviewing industry leader to understand best practices that supports the commercialization of the new sustainability program and use the knowledge shared to define new strategy that can be implemented by the owner of the program to achieve business goals as defined in the new business strategy.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the Company’s Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policies. All employees must familiarize themselves with the Company’s Integrated Management System’s policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with both clients and consultants;
- Demonstrated project experience;
- Knowledge of current sustainability standards: LEED, QSAS, or Estidama;
- Comprehensive written & spoken English;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field;
- GCC experience;
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment;
- Ability to self-manage;
- Extremely strong communication skills (Written, electronic & spoken);
- Minimum 5 years local experience.
- Arabic language would be a plus (not required);
- Master’s Degree is a plus (not required);
- Local Driver’s license & personal mode of transportation;
- Passport which allows for efficient regional travel.