Abu Dhabi, UAE
Candidate shall be assigned to an integrated BIM team for projects within the Middle East and Europe.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary sustainable cleantech consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, official Estidama trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi midfield Terminal Building, The Msheireb urban redevelopment project, Johnson Controls Research Center, SKMC Dialysis Center, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi and several other high profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
BIM Manager and/or Technical Operations Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop BIM models of LOD 100, 200, 300, 400 & 500
- Perform interdisciplinary coordination at various stage as mentioned above
- Must be competent in creating new Revit families and development of the Revit project templates as per nature of projects
- Develop COBie templates as per project requirements
- Must adhere to BIM process flow chart
- Quality control and review of models and prepare report;
- Lead Coordination meeting in presence of contractor/consultant;
- Support in preparing BIM proposal;
- Support the company in its rapid growth plans;
- Understand and implement the principles of project management (scheduling, resource leveling, effective meetings, client relations);
- Site and Office Based Consultancy and Modelling;
- Manage the BIM documentation process as well as project specifications, calculations, plans and submittals for each project’s BIM Implementation Plan compliance;
- Coordinate with/support contractors including MEP and civil engineers;
- Conduct product and technology research related to BIM;
- Contributions to regional publications, lectures, teaching assignments;
- Personal development and plan to develop skills necessary for promotion to Sr. BIM Consultant.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- In addition to your responsibility towards following ALPIN’s Integrated Management System, every employee at ALPIN is required to familiarize themselves with ALPIN’s Environmental Impact Assessment and contribute towards minimizing their individual environmental impact in the course of their work.
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the Company’s Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policies. All employees must familiarize themselves with the Company’s Integrated Management System’s policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with both clients and consultants;
- A background within the built environment sector (2 - 4 years);
- Working Knowledge of Architecture, Structural, MEP, Construction Management and Design;
- Demonstrated project experience;
- Strong Knowledge of current trends and standards in BIM, particularly BS1192 and related BS1192 PAS;
- Applicable BIM related certifications or course attendance;
- Comprehensive written & spoken English;
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Architecture);
- GCC experience;
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment;
- Ability to self-manage;
- Extremely strong communication skills (Written, electronic & spoken)
- Hands-on engineering and project management skills (PMP);
- Arabic language is a plus (not required);
- Master’s Degree is a plus (not required);
- UAE Driver’s license & personal mode of transportation;
- Passport which allows for efficient regional travel