Senior Sustainability / Building Physics Consultant (Global)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Candidate shall be assigned to an integrated sustainability team for projects within the Middle East and Europe.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary sustainable cleantech consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, official Estidama trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi midfield Terminal Building, The Msheireb urban redevelopment project, Johnson Controls Research Center, SKMC Dialysis Center, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi and several other high profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
Head of Sustainability and/or Managing Director
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Member of Sustainability team;
- Coaching of junior staff;
- Project Management and Project Accountability including projects of junior staff;
- Participate as a team leader in carrying out specific global and local projects such as sustainable building projects, operational efficiency, etc.;
- Ensure client satisfaction, up‐selling of services;
- Quality control and review of reports;
- Lead Presentations;
- Business Development Support;
- Support the company in its rapid growth plans;
- Understand and implement the principles of project management (scheduling, resource leveling, effective meetings, client relations);
- Site and Office Based Consultancy;
- Manage the green building design and LEED/Estidama/QSAS documentation process as well as project specifications, calculations, plans and submittals for LEED/Estidama/QSAS compliance;
- Coordinate with/support contractors including MEP/Civil engineers;
- Conduct product and technology research related to sustainability;
- Contributions to regional publications, lectures, teaching;
- Personal development and plan to develop skills necessary for promotion to Principal Consultant.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- In addition to your responsibility towards following ALPIN’s Integrated Management System, every employee at ALPIN is required to familiarize themselves with ALPIN’s Environmental Impact Assessment and contribute towards minimizing their individual environmental impact in the course of their work.
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the Company’s Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policies. All employees must familiarize themselves with the Company’s Integrated Management System’s policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with both clients and consultants;
- Have background within the built environment sector (3‐6 years);
- Working Knowledge of MEP, Construction Management and Design;
- Demonstrated leadership experience;
- Strong Knowledge of current sustainability standards: LEED, BREEAM, Green Star, QSAS, or Estidama;
- LEED AP, Estidama, Green Star or BREEAM Accreditation;
- Comprehensive written & spoken English;
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline (Environmental, Construction Management (PREFERRED),Mechanical Engineering (PREFERRED), Electrical Engineering (PREFERRED), or Architecture);
- GCC experience;
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast‐paced environment;
- Extremely strong communication skills (Written, electronic & spoken)
- Hands‐on engineering and project management skills (PMP);
- Arabic language would be a plus (not required);
- UAE Driver’s license;
- Passport which allows for efficient regional travel