Sustainability Consultant (Mechanical/Electrical Engineer) - KSA
Candidate shall be assigned to an integrated sustainability team for projects within the Middle East and Europe.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary built-asset consultancy based in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Alpin HQ is based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi in addition to different branches in the Middle East.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, official Estidama trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi midfield Terminal Building, The Msheireb urban redevelopment project, Johnson Controls Research Center, SKMC Dialysis Center, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi and several other high profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
Country Manager, KSA
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Member of Sustainability team;
- Participate as a team leader in carrying out specific global and local projects such as sustainable building projects, operational efficiency, etc.;
- Quality control and review of reports;
- Lead Presentations;
- Business Development Support;
- Understand and implement the principles of project management (scheduling, resource leveling, effective meetings, client relations);
- Site and Office Based Consultancy;
- Manage the green building design and LEED documentation process as well as project specifications, calculations, plans and submittals for LEED compliance;
- Coordinate with/support contractors including MEP and civil engineers;
- Conduct product and technology research related to sustainability;
- Personal development and plan to develop skills necessary for promotion to Sr. Sustainability Consultant.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- In addition to your responsibility towards following ALPIN’s Integrated Management System, every employee at ALPIN is required to familiarize themselves with ALPIN’s Environmental Impact Assessment and contribute towards minimizing their individual environmental impact in the course of their work.
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the Company’s Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policies. All employees must familiarize themselves with the Company’s Integrated Management System’s policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering);
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with both clients and consultants;
- Have background within the built environment sector (2-5 years);
- Working Knowledge of MEP, Construction Management and Design;
- Demonstrated project experience;
- Strong Knowledge of current sustainability standards: LEED;
- Must have LEED AP (with commitment to achieve 2ndaccreditation within 2 months) ASHRAE BCxP, CEA (Certified Energy Auditor);
- Comprehensive written & spoken English;
- GCC experience;
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment;
- Ability to self-manage;
- Extremely strong communication skills (Written, electronic & spoken
- Hands-on engineering and project management skills (PMP);
- Arabic language would is a plus (not required);
- Master’s Degree is a plus (not required);
- Local Driver’s license & personal mode of transportation;
- Passport which allows for efficient regional travel.