BIM Manager (Jordan)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Reporting the head of VDC + BIM, the successful candidate will lead a multidisciplinary and integrated BIM team.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary sustainable cleantech consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, official Estidama trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi midfield Terminal Building, The Msheireb urban redevelopment project, Johnson Controls Research Center, SKMC Dialysis Center, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi and several other high profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
Head of VDC + BIM
Leading a team of BIM modelers and coordinators, you will be responsible for
- Project setup and implementation
- BIM Execution Planning
- Resource allocation, reporting and estimation
- Ensuring quality standards and modelling protocols are adhered to
Roles:As the BIM Manager, you will be:
- Leading and supervising teams
- Developing company and project templates, standards and
- Teaching and mentoring team members
- Working on-site and off-site as required (This may involve travel)
- Managing the BIM documentation process as well as project specifications, calculations,plans and submittals for each project’s BIM Implementation Plan compliance;
- Coordinating with and supporting contractors and designers to successfully implement the project BIM execution plan.
- Conducting performance evaluation of employees under your supervisor
- Advising and indentifying new opportunities within existing project, both commercially (e.g. extensions of time) and technically (trialling new technology or methods)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with both clients and consultants;
- A practical understanding and ability to implement the principles of project management (scheduling, resource leveling, effective meetings, client relations);
- Working Knowledge of Architecture, Construction Management and Design;
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications;
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment;
- Ability to self-manage;
- Extremely strong communication skills (Written, electronic & spoken);
You will not be considered if you do not have:
- At least 8 years of experience in building Architecture and Construction Industry;
- Demonstrated experience (Ideally ≥ 5 years) with AutoDesk Revit and (≥ 2 years) with AutoDesk NavisWorks;
- Bachelor’s (or Master’s) Degree in Engineering or Architecture;
- Proven experience with creation of construction documentation for one or more discipline;
- Knowledge of how building services are coordinated in modern construction practices;
- Proficiency with the English language;
- Strong Knowledge of current trends and standards in BIM, particularly BS1192 and related BS1192 PAS;