Head of Sustainability
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operations Planning, Forecasting and Management of Sustainability Team in Qatar in collaboration with UAE Management.
- Responsibility for the day‐to‐day operations in line with Alpin’s mission statement and core values.
- Lead team in carrying out specific projects such as sustainable building.
- Projects, commissioning, energy modeling, etc.
- Quality control and review of reports.
- Understand and implement the principles of project management (scheduling, resource
- leveling, leading effective meetings, client relations).
- Oversee P&L for division.
- Ensure that H.R procedures are followed by team.
- Development of strategy for expansion of consultancy into fast growing markets and
- Support in business development; Periodically Lead Internal and External Presentations.
- Ability to manage the green building design and LEED/PQP/QSAS documentation process as well as project specification, calculation, plans and submittal for LEED/Estidama/QSAS
- Create a positive team environment and push for best practices in team building.
- Ensure that the company operates within agreed budgets and achieves agreed targets and
- that that all financial targets are met.
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Participates in performance management program for all team members.
- Pro‐actively coach and develop junior team members
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Role: Health, Safety and Environment Officer
- Responsibility: As defined in IMS_01, Clause 5.5.1 “Responsibility and Authority”
- Accountability: Accountable for ensuring the right resources are allocated for the proper implementation and functioning of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment procedures and mandates as defined in the Company’s IMS.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in in technically related discipline (Environmental, Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture) plus MBA or equivalent professional experience.
- LEED AP, QSAS and PQP credential;
- GCC experience;
- Excellent written & spoken English (ability to understand contract language);
- Passport that allows travel within the GCC and European Union without restrictions;
- Willingness to travel frequently to the UAE to meet with UAE team members;
- Knowledge of current sustainability standards: LEED, BREEAM, Green Star, QSAS, or Estidama;
- 7‐10 years of experience in the industry (technical consulting not necessarily in sustainability);
- Proven experience leading and motivating teams. Strong facilitation, team building and collaboration skills;
- Advanced Presentation and Communication skills. Clear, concise and effective;
- Experience in New Business Development;
- Highly motivated and self‐directed with a track record of rapid career advancement;
- High degree of professionalism with an ability to interact with others at all levels;
- A belief in pushing the boundaries of the construction industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with, clients, consultants and other stakeholders.