Data Visualization Developer (Excel) - Part-Time
Abu Dhabi, UAE
This is a position will require a high level of trust, professionalism and communication.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary sustainable cleantech consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, official Estidama trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi midfield Terminal Building, The Msheireb urban redevelopment project, Johnson Controls Research Center, SKMC Dialysis Center, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi and several other high profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create and build custom, re-usable data visualizations and documents based on statistical and mathematical modeling and data analysis available for the specific business process.
- Apply knowledge of technical computing platforms, tools, and techniques to analyze information and data requirements obtained from the business process and team members and other business stakeholders to plan and propose solutions for optimizing data integration strategies, intuitive designs, and interactive dashboards.
- Formulate simulation models of information related to business processes using dynamic data visualizations that incorporate intuitive interfaces, infographics, interactive drill-downs, movements, and highlights to add layers of information, engage users to explore data, and tell stories with data.
- Educate concerned operations team on the use of data visualizations developed.
- Work across multi-functional teams to formulate, prototype, implement, and fine tune solutions.
- Collect feedback to make improvements to new data visualizations.
- Contribute to guidelines and design conventions and standards for modeling and data visualizations.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- In addition to your responsibility towards following ALPIN’s Integrated Management System, every employee at ALPIN is required to familiarize themselves with ALPIN’s Environmental Impact Assessment and contribute towards minimizing their individual environmental impact in the course of their work.
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the Company’s Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policies. All employees must familiarize themselves with the Company’s Integrated Management System’s policies and procedures
- University degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Software/Computer Engineering, or related field of study;
- Excellent English (oral and written);
- Microsoft Excel – Expert Level • Complex formula authoring, array functions, dynamic named ranges, pivot tables, data validation, conditional formatting. • VBA: familiar with Excel object model, authoring of procedures, user defined functions, code refactoring, performance optimization. • Dynamic dashboard design, leverage Excel charting capabilities. • Knowledgeable in best practices of spreadsheet design.
- PowerBI / Power Pivot
- Power Query (Excel Get & Transform)
- Knowledge of data visualization best practices.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to work to deadlines and give realistic estimates.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relay technical information to non-technical users.
- Highest level of trust, confidentiality and professionalism;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Professional appearance and attitude;
- Must have excellent “attention-to-detail" and organization skills;
- Minimum 3 years of experience;
- Strong arithmetic skills;
- Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software is a plus;