Assistant Operations Manager
Administration - Abu Dhabi, UAE
This is a position will require a high level of trust, professionalism and communication.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary sustainable cleantech consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, official Estidama trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi midfield Terminal Building, The Msheireb urban redevelopment project, Johnson Controls Research Center, SKMC Dialysis Center, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi and several other high profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
Technical Operations Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Technical Operations Manager in day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities;
- Assist in, monitor, control and manage business operations to meet client expectations and company goals;
- Liaise between clients and management to ensure smooth operations delivery;
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allocated budget and timelines;
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures;
- Build and maintain strong client relationship through regular meetings and communications;
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes;
- Follow standard operating procedures for efficient business operations (Project Set-up, Execution, Project Completion);
- Identify problems in operations process and resolve them in quickly and timely manner;
- Prepare monthly resourcing reports;
- Proofreading of documents in English language;
- Attending meetings with clients and team members and taking minutes of the meeting;
- Ensuring the document management system is maintained and up to date;
- Managing project documents, reports and plans;
- Overseeing review, approval, update and re-approval, scanning and conversation, identification and status of project documentation;
- Formatting and spreadsheet management;
- Organization of meetings;
- Liaise with clients and consultants in person, per phone, e-mail and fax.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- In addition to your responsibility towards following ALPIN’s Integrated Management System, every employee at ALPIN is required to familiarize themselves with ALPIN’s Environmental Impact Assessment and contribute towards minimizing their individual environmental impact in the course of their work.
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the Company’s Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policies. All employees must familiarize themselves with the Company’s Integrated Management System’s policies and procedures
- University degree in Business and/or Engineering;
- Excellent English (oral and written);
- Very high proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Highest level of trust, confidentiality and professionalism;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Professional appearance and attitude;
- Willingness to take phone calls after work hours;
- Experience in the development, consulting or construction industries;
- Experience with ACONEX or similar construction management software a strong plus;
- Must have excellent “attention-to-detail" and organization skills;
- UAE driving license and car is a must;
- Minimum 3 years of Regional experience;
- Strong arithmetic skills;
- Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software is a plus;
- Must be currently residing in the UAE.