The successful candidate can expect to undertake research, develop reports and communicate effectively with a number of team members leading the development of sustainability policies for the region. The ideal candidate will be passionate about sustainability, open to learning new skills and be an excellent communicator.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary sustainable cleantech consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, official Estidama trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi midfield Terminal Building, The Msheireb urban redevelopment project, Johnson Controls Research Center, SKMC Dialysis Center, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi and several other high profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
Sr. Strategic Consultant
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform background research with reference to regional practices, legislations, and market condition in relation to principles of sustainability in the built environment;
- Develop technical reports, diagrams, and content in relation to sustainability principles throughout various deliverables within the allocated projects;
- Develop educational training material based on the content of the completed sustainability policies;
- Coordinate submissions and reviews between different stakeholders and project parties;
- Proofread all technical deliverables (English) and perform quality checks before issuing to clients;
- Support in coordination meetings between project parties and lead the development of minutes of meeting;
- Contribute in some administration work for the project deliverables, communications, and other documentation work that ensures accurate delivery of information to the clients.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the Company’s Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policies. All employees must familiarize themselves with the Company’s Integrated Management System’s policies and procedures.
- Minimum Bachelor degree graduate from a recognized university in relevant subject to the built environment (Master’s Degree is preferred);
- Good technical knowledge in sustainability and engineering;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Strong Knowledge of current sustainability standards: LEED, QSAS, or Estidama;
- Ability to multi-task, be organized and work efficiently;
- Excellent communication and coordination skills;
- Be able to develop technical documents in English;
- Fluent / native English;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with both clients and consultants;
- Ability to self-manage;
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment;
- MS Office (Expert knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint).
- Arabic language would be a plus (not required);
- Applicants who are already located locally are Preferred;
- Available at short notice (Preferred).