This is a position will require a high level of trust, professionalism and communication.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary built-asset consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi. This role is for the UAE.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The New Abu Dhabi Airport, Riyadh Airport Expansion, Johnson Controls Research Center, Dubai Expo 2020, Riyadh Metro and several other high-profile projects in the EU and GCC.
For more information about Alpin please visit us at www.alpinme.com
Reports Directly to:
Senior Manager, Technical Operations
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operations Planning, Forecasting and Management of Sustainability Commissioning, and other disciplines Team;
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operations in line with Alpin’s mission statement and core values (http://www.alpinme.com/about/vision-statement/);
- Lead team in carrying out specific global and local projects such as sustainable building projects, commissioning, energy modeling, etc.;
- Quality control and review of reports;
- Understand and implement the principles of project management (scheduling, resource leveling, leading effective meetings, client relations);
- Oversee P&L for divisions;
- Ensure that HR and ISO procedures are followed by team;
- Monitor, control and manage business operations to meet client expectations and company goals;
- Liaise between clients and management to ensure smooth operations delivery;
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allocated budget and timelines;
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures;
- Build and maintain strong client relationship through regular meetings and communications;
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes;
- Follow standard operating procedures for efficient business operations (Project Set-up, Execution, Project Completion);
- Identify problems in the operations process and resolve them in a quickly and timely manner;
- Prepare monthly resourcing reports;
- Prepare monthly resourcing and projects profitability reports;
- Proofreading of documents in the English language;
- Ensuring the document management system is maintained and up to date;
- Ensuring the document management system is following the ISO procedures;
- Managing project documents, reports and plans;
- Overseeing review, approval, update and re-approval, scanning and conversation, identification and status of project documentation;
- Formatting and spreadsheet management;
- Liaise with clients and consultants in person, by phone, e-mail, and fax.
- Development of a strategy for expansion of consultancy into fast-growing markets and sectors. Support in business development;
- Periodically Lead Internal and External Presentations;
- Ability to manage the green building design and LEED/Estidama/GSAS/BREEAM documentation process as well as project specification, calculation, plans and submittal for LEED/Estidama/GSAS/BREEAM compliance. This position is over 50% management with periodic project consultancy);
- Create a positive team environment and push for best practices in team building. This is the most important element of this position;
- Ensure that the company operates within agreed budgets and achieves agreed targets and that that all financial targets are met;
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with legal requirements;
- Participates in performance management program for all team members;
- Pro-actively coach and develop junior team members.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- In addition to your responsibility towards following ALPIN’s Integrated Management System, every employee at ALPIN is required to familiarize themselves with ALPIN’s Environmental Impact Assessment and contribute towards minimizing their individual environmental impact in the course of their work;
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the Company’s Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policies. All employees must familiarize themselves with the Company’s Integrated Management System’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in in Engineering related discipline plus MBA or equivalent professional experience;
- 7-10 years of experience in the industry (technical consulting not necessarily in sustainability);
- LEED AP and PQP credential;
- GCC experience;
- Excellent written & spoken English (ability to understand contract language), French optional.
- Passport that allows travel within the GCC and European Union without restrictions;
- Knowledge of current sustainability standards: LEED, BREEAM, Green Star, QSAS, or Estidama;
- Proven experience leading and motivating teams. Strong facilitation, team building and collaboration skills;
- Advanced Presentation and Communication skills. Clear, concise and effective;
- Experience in New Business Development;
- Highly motivated and self-directed with a track record of rapid career advancement;
- High degree of professionalism with an ability to interact with others at all levels;
- A belief in pushing the boundaries of the construction industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with, clients, consultants and other stakeholders
- Experience with ACONEX or similar construction management software a strong plus;
- Must have excellent “attention-to-detail" and organization skills;
- UAE driving license and car is a must;
- Minimum 3 years of Regional experience;
- Strong arithmetic skills;
- Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software is a plus;
- Must be currently residing in the UAE.