The candidate shall be assigned to oversee an internationally based integrated consultancy and advisory team.
The candidate must be residing in KSA or willing to relocate to KSA.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary built-asset consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi Midfield Terminal Building, Doha Metro, Johnson Controls Research Center, Expo 2020, Riyadh Metro and several other high-profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
Country Manager and/or Senior Technical Operations Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of an overall vision, objectives and goals of the Sustainability department;
- Responsible for the development of a Project Management Plan, which shall include the overall approach and strategy for the undertaking;
- Responsible for the development of a detailed remit/scope for the Department;
- Responsible for the development of an organizational structure for the Department;
- Responsible for the development of roles and responsibilities matrix for all positions in the department;
- Responsible for the development of the reporting structures and lines of reporting from all programs into this centralized sustainability department;
- Responsible for the individual assignment of roles and responsibilities;
- Responsible for the development of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Department;
- Responsible for the final organization audits that shall be undertaken for all sustainability departments in the individual projects and for the final recommendations reports that shall be issued to the top Management;
- Develop auditing and oversight procedures that shall be followed in each project and the reporting templates that shall be used by managers and consultants to report on each project’s progress against agreed-to sustainability target; and
- Develop the monthly management report that shall be raised to the client‘s top management summarizing, on a high level, the sustainability performance of all client's assets.
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- The Managing Director’s HSE role is to support ensure all Employees are aware of the Company’s HSE Policy.
- Responsibility: As defined in IMS_01, Clase 5.5.1 “Responsibility and Authority” Accountability: Accountable for ensuring the right resources are allocated for the proper implementation and functioning of the Company’s Integrated Management System.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in technically related discipline (Environmental, Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture) plus MBA or equivalent professional experience;
- 15-20 years of experience in the industry (technical consulting not necessarily in sustainability);
- LEED AP, or Commissioning Accreditations;
- GCC experience;
- Excellent written & spoken English (ability to understand contract language);
- A passport that allows travel within the GCC and European Union without restrictions;
- Knowledge of current sustainability standards: LEED, BREEAM, Green Star, QSAS, or Estidama;
- Proven experience leading and motivating teams. Strong facilitation, team building and collaboration skills;
- Advanced Presentation and Communication skills. Clear, concise and effective;
- Experience in New Business Development;
- Understanding of and experience with finance/accounting;
- Understanding of Branding & Marketing;
- Business Law and Contract Law Experience;
- A born motivator;
- A high degree of professionalism with an ability to interact with others at all levels;
- A belief in pushing the boundaries of the construction industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with, clients, consultants, and other stakeholders.